Saturday, February 20, 2010

Event : Wave Concert

Some of the red carpet looks at the Wave concert, 2010.

Who: Koena Mitra

There isn't anything wrong in this look but I have never liked the yellow-pink combination - its too garish for my taste. And why is she holding the purse in such a weird manner as if its a trophy or something..Read in some blog that she looks like poor man's Bipasha and now whenever I look at her I see Bipasha..what do you guys thing?


Who : Neha Dhupia

Yet another neckline hidden by hair (remember Asin@stardust awards). I just cant see how the top looks and bottom half (below her knees) looks ill-fitted to me - the fabric is not draping correctly... love, love the color, pearl-drop earring and her makeup.



Who : Mughda Godse

Mugdha rarely gets it right on the red carpet and this one is a miss too. This gown is pretty with the embroidery on the sheer panel, bandage look and a tulle skirt but she should have gone with a brighter color. The beige makes her look pale and her makeup isn't helping either. I do like it that she didn't overdo the accessories since the gown is very dressy.



Who: Genelia D'souza

I find Genelia very cute and vivacious and I am trying really hard to like something in this outfit..but its two thumbs down:-( Wearing a contrasting pattern like dots with stripes is a challenge and u need to have the combined fashion power of SJP+ Olsen twins to pull it off. The saree is nothing great - it looks too causal and the blouse simply doesn't work. Dont like her hair either..Better luck next time!!

Who: Minissha Lamba

I could not find a close-up shot of Minissha so one will have to do..so what do you think?? me thinks Minissha really shines in this Grecian inspired asymmetric gown with jeweled details at the empire waist. The key to wearing full-length one-shoulder dresses is to make sure they hug the bodice but have a flared or full skirt.This one is perfect..


Who: Freida Pinto

Saved the best for the last!! Freida looks flawless - beautiful smile, stunning dress, perfect shoes and earrings. I also love that she left her neck unadorned which highlights her delicate collar-bones and shimmery neckline. She certainly is sustenance for the sartorial soul! I am soooo lusting after this dress!!

Photo Credits: filmicafe.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails