Sunday, February 28, 2010

55th Filmfare Awards - The sari brigade

Who: Sridevi

Sridevi looks very elegant and I totally digg her blouse but..There is always a but:-) I think the sari was too simple for the occasion. The color is very sophisticated but since there is only some beading at the borders, the whole thing looks a little dull..


Who: Kajol

Kajol is my favorite actress and its her first appearance on my blog!! Muah!!

Kajol has been very open in her disdain for dressing up which kind of breaks my heart since I dream about clothes:-) Well, all's fair in love, war and fashion. Lovely smile, honey, but even that cant save your outfit. The ribbons in the sari totally spoil it for me. The black/gold border is a good contrast with the tomato-red sari but the ribbons, the ribbons!! What was the designer smoking??...Pretty dramatic earrings!!

Who: Kalki Koechlin (Best Actress in Supporting Role for DevD)

The color of Kalki's sari is very similar to Sridevi's but because of the all-over embellishments, she looks more red-carpet worthy. Her blouse style is very difficult to pull off but I think she does a good job. Do note her cute hair accessory..My only crib - she should have gone for a bold, dramatic red lip-color.

Who: Mugdha Godse

I cant figure out if thats a sari or a skirt on top of sari with a dupatta or maybe my eyes cant take it anymore.. I do commend Mugdha for being consistent and persistent - she is always the worst dressed on the carpet. That must require a lot of effort, no??

Other celebs in Sari
Left: Urmila (long time, no see)
Right: Shabana Azmi (nice!!)


Left: Sophie (too busy a pattern)
Right: Udita Goswamy (thought its a screen test for item girls)


The award for best dressed in sari goes to:
Sridevi
Kajol
Kalki
Mughda
Urmila
Shabana
Sophie
Udita


Photo Credits: filmicafe.com, pinkvilla.com, bollywoodhungama.com

1 comment:

Dusk said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! wait, wait ...no... hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

just some of the things you say...you're so funny!! Love it!! Please please post every day [if you can of course]...dammit, I'm supposed to be working but I'm a bit addicted to your blog! Lucky my boss is a pushover...*

...you're like the Go Fug Yourself girls for India! Brilliant!


(*I'm self emplyed!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails