Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Magazine Covers - April 2011


Grazia - Kareena Kapoor
Marie Claire - Genelia D'Souza
Vogue - Ashika Pratt
Harper's Bazaar - Giselle Monterio

Kareena in Dolce & Gabanna S/S 2011 which is pretty similar (not the same) to what Giselle wore for the Vogue April 2011 (French) cover. She has minimal makeup and looks fresh. I like her cute pose but the background is a letdown! Grazia does a lot of these multi-shaded backgrounds which never work for me.

On the other hand, I love the Marie Claire yellow background and the colors of Genelia's outfit. The cover is like a color block effect. Only wish everyone would stop posing like Sonam Kapoor.

The Vogue and Harper Bazaar cover are the best covers I have seen in a loong time. Both, Ashika and Giselle kick ass and make me wanna grab the issue and hit the gym:-) What I also liked was that the mastheads are the same color as the outfits. It kind of pulls the covers together.

Now, a sneak peek into Glamour, US May 2011 edition. Glamour has put "three of Hollywood's biggest rising stars" (Glamour's words, not mine) Emma Stone, Freida Pinto, and Ashley Greene on three different covers. Freida is wearing Peter Som. Flirty!!

Which cover did you like best?

photo credits: vogue.in, pinkvilla.com

14 comments:

Tejal Pandkar said...

Vogue!

Vix said...

Vogue! xxx

Tanvi said...

Harper;s Bazaar

I want that zebra print blue Louis Vuitton dress!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Nav said...

Bazaar cover lady looks fearless.!

http://positivenav.blogspot.com/

hamaarethoughts.com said...

harpers..bazaar!
lovely dress!

FashionPhD said...

Loving the pop on marie claire, but not really liking genelia on it :S

Jahn 'n Style said...

Vogue...

i like genelia's outfit too :)

Geeta said...

Ms Pinto is usually so well dressed ...not on this one. My vote is for the Harper's.

In between, how did you get the May edition of MC? I just got my Apr one in the mail.

Anonymous said...

Marie Claire and Vogue. Marie Claire. Yes. :)

bollywoodstylediaries said...

@Geeta: The May issue is not out yet but the promos for the cover has started. You can get more info from the Glamour magazine website.

namita said...

Harpers is gorgeous

STYLE'N said...

Love the Vogue cover!

StylishDesi said...

VOGUE! That look is fierce!

Gorgeous Glam said...

I love that 2nd cover!!
And I hate it when magazines do alt covers!!I always end up wanting the one I don't get in the mail! bah! Hope I get Frida!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails