Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Round - The beautiful, the baffling and the bewildering

Who: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Where: Teachers Achievement awards

Aishwarya in another hideous outfit by Manish Malhotra. The anarkali is not bad but it looks like she misplaced the orginal dupatta/scarf and grabbed something of her way out - looks very disjointed with the rest of the dress.

Have been reading a lot of glowing reviews of her performance in "Guzaarish". Should I brave the cold, rainy weather to watch this movie??

Who: Kareena Kapoor
Where: "Golmaal 3" success party

Kareena wore a bright green asymmetrical dress which she thankfully paired with subdued accessories - gold peep-toes and woven clutch. Love the color - perfect for the coming Xmas parties but didnt like the shape or style of the dress. Thumbs down to her hairstyle too..


Who: Soha Ali Khan
Where: "Golmaal 3" success party

How cute is her romantic, ruffled top? The thin, black edging looks so polished and I love the way she balanced her voluminous top with a tailored skirt for an outfit that is sweet and simply chic.

Who: Kangana Ranaut
Where: "No problem" promotions

It really baffles me when celebs dont get their foundation color right!! Isn't that basic of makeup? sigh...
Kangana wore a black Dolce Gabbana floral dress which she completely ruined with the hair, makeup and shoes..


Who: Dia Mirza
Where: Teachers Achievement awards

I love fashion risk takers but that doesnt preclude me from making fun of them when they fall flat:p Yup, I am mean!!
This dress is what would result if you crossed a bat with a peacock!! Shoo, fly away!!

Who: Jacqueline Fernandez
Where: Teachers Achievement party, Teen magazine event

I like the color combination of the gown but the cheap trinket at the waist really kills it for me. I like Jacqueline better in her casual avatar where she is in a simple dress and flats.

Who: Esha Koppikar
Where: NGO child event

Esha in an outfit that can only have come from the "Robot" movie's costume garbage bin!!

photo credits: filmicafe.com, pinkvilla.com, bollywoodhungama.com

11 comments:

Vix said...

Nothing's really grabbing me. Dia's dress could be good but the fabric's all wrong. xxx

Poohkie said...

For once Soha actually looks nice. I can't believe Kangana, she looks like a goth wannabe. Jacqueline looks really pretty in the casual outfit.

bat+peacock LOL How did you come up with that...that is just so apt.

sandhyaa said...

i like aish's suit nd Duptta separately but together its looking clumsy 2 me ..
i like kareena s dress n color..

Dusk said...

Um... no, no, no, no, no, no no.

Anonymous said...

why the administrator of this site i always promoting movies of aish and akshay. they really do crap movies. and it 's a fashion cite not a movies site. Too bad honey

Tanvi said...

Nope! Not liking anyone much ... And you know my verdict on Guzaarish! ;)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Ash looks good..the dupatta is mismatched!

FashionPhD said...

aishwaria shud be BANNED from wearing anarkalis!!


"Anonymous said...
why the administrator of this site i always promoting movies of aish and akshay. they really do crap movies. and it 's a fashion cite not a movies site. Too bad honey"

wtf!?

there is a REASON why people are 'anonymous' no no i didnt mean they`re cowards!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

@Anonymous: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? You have to be kidding me!!!

I would have totally understood if you had said I was blind to what Preity Zinta wears and I am!! I adore her to bits and cant see beyond her dimpled smile:-)

I blog abt all red carpet events and I cant help it if Aish is out there promoting her movie!?!!

seriously dude, chill out!!

@ClassyandFabulous: u are so sweet!!

Killer Drama said...

hahaha were you in a lousy mood when you wrote this post? but i'm not complaining. you're entertaining and funny when mean ;) couldn't stop laughing at the bat-peacock thing! lololololol, its exactly like that!!!

i really totally whole-heartedly agree with what you wrote about Kangana here. Shetotally ruined a very pretty dress with that hair.. and the 1000 watt ka bulb make-up.

Splurgerina said...

Hahah I like Dusk's comment..No, no, no, no, no, is all I have to say here as well!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails