Sunday, January 23, 2011

Events: Mickey Contractor MAC bash

MAC cosmetics teamed up with Bollywood legendary makeup artist Mickey Contractor for a makeup collection for olive skin tones. The collection hit the MAC stores nationwide on Jan 6th. Here are the celebs at the MAC Mickey Contractor party.

Who: Deepika Padukone

Deepika just sold the complete Mickey's line for MAC to me - I cannot take my eyes off her! She looks stunning and I heart the red lips. Other than Rekha, we rarely see celebs wearing red lip color. I think this shade is perfect for olive skin tones. When I buy and apply the stuff from Mickey's MAC line, I better look like this or I want my money back!!

Who: Mickey Contractor with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Aishwarya wore a black pantsuit which looks awfully similar to the one she wore to Armani show. Her makeup is flawless as usual. Aishwarya rarely misses the mark where her makeup is concerned. Her hair color is another story.

Who: Madhuri Dixit

If its velvet, it has to be Manish Malhotra, right? Her outfit maybe faulty but Madhuri gets her makeup right. Love her lip color. She is a classic beauty and her smile is one off the best in the industry.

Who: Priyanka Chopra

This girl really needs a stylist. If not for herself, at least for me - I am bored seeing her on the red carpet.
Priyanka's makeup is bad - her lips look so weird. I think a glossy finish rather than matte would have looked better.

Who: Avantika Khan

Avantika wore what has to be the most famous yellow dress of 2010 - Lanvin for HM. I love this dress but it overwhelms her petite frame. I rarely get to say this in bollywood but I think she should have gone for a smaller size. The yellow-green eyeshadow goes perfectly with the dress.

Who: Rani Mukerjee

Boring dress. Like her smoky eyes but the rest of the makeup is very dull.

Who: Natasha Poonawala, Surily Goel, Nandita Mahtani

I like everything about Natasha's dress - the print and the cut of the dress is just fab.
Like the print and color of Surily's dress but ruffle at the bottom kills the outfit. And she went for a nude look at a makeup event?? Doesnt look like her outfit cost that much!
Nandita in a cute Missoni dress.

Which celeb makeup did you like best? Have you tried Mickey's line for MAC? Any favorites yet? Come on, you can tell me everything:-)

14 comments:

rakhshanda said...

i love Deepika here..she is looking beautiful with red lips.

TSD Magazine said...

deepika looks stunning,natasha looks nice,
and even though pc's look sounds good on paper,in actual it looks jaded and the colour just does'nt seem to complement her skintone.

Asiya said...

deepika has the best look. I'm kind of bored with Rani's eye makeup. She always does this smokey eye, which admittedly looks amazing, but I am curious to see her try something new.

Jahn 'n Style said...

love Deepika's makeup

FashionPhD said...

haha deepka shud be the brand embassador for this collection. she wears the red lip often and it suit her so well. i have no problem if it becomes her signature look
since u posted ur first what wud she wear post, whenever i see PC i start imagining how she wud look in the Gianfranco Ferre black and white dress. maybe u need to tweet it to her!

Killer Drama said...

Wow. Deepika's lip color. I have NEVER tried red on myself..*scared!!!!* but I'm so tempted. Deepika has a totally Indian complexion..and the color looks so hot on her. Hmmmm...Must Try!

Tanvi said...

Since last two months I have been wearing fuscia pink and blood red lipstick like crazy!!! ME who never wore lipsticks up until Oct 2010 ... and look at DPad I want that Red lip color NOW! Going hunting for it tomorrow :P

P.S. Today I tired Mom's purple (lavender) lipstick and loved it too .. I am addicted ... And magically I do not eat them up any more either.

Splurgerina said...

Deepika looks HOT!! I don't like Ash's shoes and Avantika..you're so right...it really needs to be altered for her...it really does overwhelm her!!

Gorgeous Glam said...

honestly that first pic is just mesmerizing! Love that lip!! gorg xo

The Postcolonial Rabbit said...

Totally agree with you one everything makeup and fashion-wise. Not sure Deepika is wearing a lipstick from the Mickey Contractor range, the collection seems to be mostly bright shadows and liners with nude lips. I was excited about it when I heard about it but haven't managed to pick anything up!

I think Deepika might be wearing MAC Underworld, Media or Dubonnet. Dubonnet is the best red for darker Asian skintones! x

The Beautyholic said...

Deepika hands down wins the look for me. I did a red lip on my blog www.thebeautyholic.com using LAKME lipstick in CHERRY. xxx..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

I love Ash..for some reasons..her lip colr ,her makeup and eyes..its jus fabulous!

rabs said...

deepika...ahh think im in love, with the look!!haha..oh and madhuri..iv got gulabi and mehr from the range, let see who i look like?! :)

STYLE'N said...

Wow Deepika looks amazing. I need to try that lipstick look. I think Ash looks really pretty too with her makeup and dressed in all black. Madhuri is gorgeous as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails