Monday, October 4, 2010

Aishwarya Rai at Robot premiere

Who: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Where: "Robot" premiere

Aishwarya wore a cream and coral anarkali by Manish Malhotra to the "Robot" premiere hosted by Rajinikanth. Love the coral color but the sleeves are really ugly - somebody please rip them!! Manish Malhotra just presented such a gorgeous collection at Lakme Fashion Week'10- why did Aishwarya pick this bland number??

Since we are on the topic of Ms. Rai, she was on the cover of "Hi!Blitz"' magazine, Oct 10 issue.






She is in Sabyasachi couture and I love, love the way the whole shoot was styled. The earthy colors and dull/soft focus gives a very vintage-y feel. I know this is blasphemy but the clothes are really not that great.. Its the whole composition of the shot and of course Ms Rai which took my breath away..

How did you like the Hi-blitz cover?

photo credits: pinkvilla.com, filmicafe.com, bollyupdates.com

11 comments:

Sam B said...

I loved the shots of ash in the pub! Sooo vintage and sexy :D

Tanvi said...

Ah! at last something different. Like it. Like it lots. She is on 2 magazines cover, both shot in Paris but so different. [Other one is Condé Nast (India) Traveller.

Vix said...

LOVE, love, LOVE it! I love the retro 1970's feel, she looks gorgeous. xxx

photohogger said...

GOSH, I LOVE that cover and spread!! Amazing!! Love the clothes and the styling.

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

hey she is looking great! Love her outfit in the first pics!

Gorgeous Glam said...

I love her hair in the spread! Just gorgeous!

yves said...

Hi, yes, I chime in, she's gorgeous... But why the "Parisian" love-affair?

STYLE'N said...

I agree-first set of outfits are kind of bland. But wow this cover is beautiful. I completely agree with you in that Ash looks fabulous and the composition is great but not loving the styling/clothes. But having said that it's all amazing.
naina

Dusk said...

I don't mind the clothes...would wear them all... but I love layers and I do wish Bipasha, Sonam, et al would embrace them too... perhaps because Indian clothing is all about drapes and layers, is why Indian female celebs go very short and minimal when wearing western clothing... very unadventurous and really... BAWring.

Anyway... enough of that rant... LOVE this editorial but what gives with the "parisian love affair"? Does she live there too? Is there all the time? what?

bollywoodstylediaries said...

@Dusk, @Yves : I havent read the article so not sure why "Parisian" love-affair..

@Dusk: I so agree with u abt layering. I looked at what celebs wore to Chanel show and what bolly celebs wore yesterday and the biggest diff is layering. Indian celebs just wear the outfit and think thats all there it is. They dont think outside the box and always screw up with shoes!!

shayan said...

http://www.pinkvilla.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails