Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sari Style

To give you a little background, Ashutosh Gowariker's new movie "Khele Hum Jee Jaan Se" is based on the 1930 Chittagong uprising against the British rule in India. The film portrays Abhishek Bachchan, Deepika Padukone and Sikander Kher as revolutionaries ready to do anything for the sake of freedom.
At the music release of the movie, the leading actors were dressed up "in character". Most of the guests also were in sari - "Bengali" style...

Do you like period dramas? Is this movie on your "to-see" list?

Deepika Padukone, Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan

5 comments:

Vix said...

I'd love to see this. I love a great period drama and one of my best ever gifts was the Merchant Ivory boxed set of India-based films.
Maybe I'll catch it in Panjim when I'm in Goa. xxx

The Postcolonial Rabbit said...

I love Hindi period dramas. I HAVE to see this as a Bengali (from East Bengal, now Bangladesh!) I'm proud Jaya Bachan is wearing the famous Bengali Jamdani, I want to get married in one.

Tanvi said...

I do like period dramas but this one is not exciting my cinematic senses. I do not think I will be watching this [at least not at the cinemas] Love Aishwarya's look there.

sandhyaa said...

i do like abhishek here....

Killer Drama said...

not in my to-see list, i don't like deepika padukone

aishwarya looks very nice here, like the Indian Barbie in the market

Related Posts with Thumbnails